28/01/2011

Simple PowerAura's For Restoration!

Recently I installed PowerAura's to get a bit more performance out of my Druid. I'm still exploring most of the addon's functionalities but so far I have been able to create a few very basic but useful aura's that help a lot during boss fights!


As you can see I have four basic aura's up (they only show while being in combat, I used the "test all" command in the screenshot).

The exclamation mark (light green) is basically a small warning when I do not have a single LB stack running, by creating this I increased my LB uptime by nearly 10% on some fights (yes, I was a bit failing on that bit). More LB uptime = more Revitalize proc's/Omen of Clarity proc's!

The bright green inner aura is OoC, I disabled the standard Blizzard one because I didn't fit with PowerAura's. The little green timer (same colour) shows how long I have left on my OoC proc before I lose it.

The light blue aura is actually two aura's, one proc's when I go under 81% mana (for innervate) and the other one proc's when I have below 25% mana (ow ow time to panic). Basically when I have one blue aura up I can use Innervate on every single cooldown without having to worry that I'll cap my mana and lose on Innervate regen.

here's the code if you want to copy my aura's!

OoC (green aura): Version:4.9; b:0; icon:Spell_Shadow_ManaBurn; buffname:Clearcasting; r:0.051; begin:1; texture:7; alpha:1; symetrie:1; spec2:false; wowtex:true; finish:0; timer.Texture:Original; timer.enabled:true; timer.cents:false; timer.Relative:BOTTOMLEFT

Lifebloom check: Version:4.9; b:0.5843; ignoremaj:false; icon:INV_Misc_Herb_Felblossom; buffname:Lifebloom; r:0; texture:15; alpha:0.97; isResting:0; stacksOperator:>; GTFO:2; spec2:false; groupOrSelf:true; combat:true; size:0.2; y:120; inverse:true

Mana 80%: Version:4.9; g:0.5373; icon:inv_alchemy_elixir_02; r:0.5843; begin:3; bufftype:9; texture:7; alpha:1; threshold:80; spec2:false; wowtex:true; combat:true; size:1

Mana low! 25%: Version:4.9; g:0.5373; icon:inv_alchemy_elixir_02; r:0.5843; begin:3; x:-1; bufftype:9; texture:7; alpha:1; symetrie:1; threshold:25; spec2:false; wowtex:true; combat:true; size:1

I'm still playing around with this but I might add a PowerAura section to my guide if I find more useful stuff!

8 comments:

  1. Funny, I had just done a post about my UI and mentioned power auras. I like the OoC timer and the lifebloom check, especially when I'm raid healing because I tend to lose track of lifebloom.
    Thanks for the imports!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, thanks for the imports! I was getting ready to sit down tonight and come up with some Power Aura setups myself. I hope to have a show and tell up soon ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are some of the nicest Power Aura setups for resto I've seen.

    Do you have one that fits cosmetically with these to remind when WG is off cooldown?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll try to make one tomorrow :) tipsy atm and I don't think it'll get better :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are some of the BEST auras for Resto druid. I love them. Thank you for not only making them but posting them for all of us out here.

    If you happen to make one for when Wild Growth and swiftmend, that would be amazing!

    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. is their a way to have the "Mana 80%" aura only show if it meets 2 requirements. that being 80% and innervate off CD

    ReplyDelete
  7. yes there is, it is done by creating an extra aura the tracks Inn's cd and then linking both, so that one only proc's when the other is active/unactive.

    I'll try to see if I can make it work because that part of poweraura's is something I haven't looked at :) but I have a few guildies that know enough to help me out with it. I'll try to update as soon as possible!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post, LB aura was exactly what I needed.

    ReplyDelete